loudmouth, hothead

Providing ill-informed comment off the top of my head since November 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan City, Queensland, Australia

fat and old

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

So Damn Insane

I'm not really interested in Saddam's show trial. If they aren't going to charge him for things the U.S. was complicit in, like Halabja, then it isn't going to be any fun.

But he should not be executed. I have no problem with heads of state not having immunity (c.f. Pinochet); but no one should be put to death, especially after a trial as dodgy as this one will turn out to be.

I guess I don't really believe in the death penalty, not even for torturers (lucky Bush) so I will have to retract my wish for Pinochet's death. Maybe they can turn the juice off just before he dies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home