loudmouth, hothead

Providing ill-informed comment off the top of my head since November 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan City, Queensland, Australia

fat and old

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Miscellany 051213

Voluminous Strident Onionism
The problem with the VSU argument is that the whole point of any taxation is (a) the it isn't voluntary and (b) that you know it will go to pay for something that you may not use yourself. To be consistent, I await Family First's complaints about taxation in general.

"Families"
I know a lot of people have said this before, too -- hey, great minds think alike -- but it annoys me when people who claim to be for "families" totally exclude me and my family. I don't have kids, I think there is only one remaining swear word and I'm not a Christian. But I do have a family.

UK police may face charges over Brazilian's death
British police could face a criminal probe over the fatal shooting of an innocent Brazilian, shot dead in July by officers who thought he was a suicide bomber, an independent watchdog said.
That's fine - let a judge and/or jury hear all the evidence and decide, that's pretty much all I ask for anyone; police, Palestinians, myself if needs be.

My local Subway store got held-up last week.
As a result, they are now only open until 10pm.

That store is on the same road about 100m from the police station. I'm not saying anything about the cops; it's more how brazen the robbers were, considering cop cars go up and down Bryants Road all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home