loudmouth, hothead

Providing ill-informed comment off the top of my head since November 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan City, Queensland, Australia

fat and old

Monday, December 12, 2005

So, about a week ago, I came to realise...

So, about a week ago, I came to realise that I was posting a whole lot of crap. Now, there's nothing wrong with that; but I started thinking, how 'bout I post it all in one post (called "Miscellany" or something) rather than in 10 posts each containing a headline and one or two lines of text. That way it's easier to skip over if you aren't interested in that stuff (which about 60% of my readers aren't) and the list of recent posts over on the left will stop turning over completely in two days.

Then I discovered that, had I been keeping up with all my reading, I had been given that advice in a round-about way about a week earlier than that.

What was it that the Enterprise was on at the start of Star Trek - The Motion Picture? A shakeout cruise? ('Shakedown' seems like the wrong word.) Well this blog was still on its shakeout cruise, and Scotty and Kirk were already coming to realise it needed to be stripped right back and rebuilt (at a new URL so I could eventually disown and delete this place...) I'd been too busy being incandescent with rage over current events that I never got around to doing things I planned like posting old works of fiction, some photos, etc. Perhaps even some new writing.

Now there ain't gonna be any fiction here; there's another place for that. Hopefully what gets posted here will be a little more focussed.

I'm still interested in trends in the United States, because they come to Australia one to five years later, so it helps to recognise the tricks when they start to appear here. For example, one Australian politician - no names, because he might be somebody's Minister - is (or was a few weeks ago) pulling a few tricks directly from the U.S. Republican party's divisiveness (sp??) toolkit. But no amount of me bleating about it is going to stop things from happening. If certain people don't change their minds after opinion polls go way against them, I don't think they'll listen to one loudmouthed* hotheaded dickhead.

And, because of my life long interest in Alfred Hitchcock films [hee hee, "life long"? It's only been 20 years...] I have a big interest (I'm not sure if I'd call it a 'fear' because intellectually, I know that I'm really not likely to be caught up in such a scenario) in the wrong man being blamed for things and then being chased up the face of Mt. Rushmore. Usually, a person could comfort themselves with the knowledge that they would get their day in a public court to sort everything out, but these days that is no longer a given. And that's why I was angry, but I'm really bad at maintaining the rage (or the effort.)

And I'm still going to use this as a notepad to remind me of articles I've read, because this blogger.com technology really is cool.

*except that on the internet no one can hear you scream...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home