loudmouth, hothead

Providing ill-informed comment off the top of my head since November 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan City, Queensland, Australia

fat and old

Monday, June 12, 2006

"I'm sorry whenever any human being dies. Zarqawi is a human being."

Michael Berg is the father of Nicholas Berg, one of al-Zarqawi's most famous beheadees.

He appeared on CNN and then the Minneapolis Star Tribune turned his words into an article, which was picked up by Common Dreams.

Sample paragraph:
[M]y reaction is I'm sorry whenever any human being dies. Zarqawi is a human being. He has a family who are reacting just as my family reacted when Nick was killed, and I feel bad for that. I feel doubly bad, though, because Zarqawi is also a political figure, and his death will reignite yet another wave of revenge, and revenge is something that I do not follow, that I do not ask for, that I do not wish for against anybody. And it can't end the cycle. As long as people use violence to combat violence, we will always have violence.
[END]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home