loudmouth, hothead

Providing ill-informed comment off the top of my head since November 2005

My Photo
Name:
Location: Logan City, Queensland, Australia

fat and old

Friday, February 10, 2006

What music videos teach us

This story, that I really just skimmed through, brings to mind something I had forgotten about. Who is killing the women of the maquiladoras?

It was late one night and we were watching some music show and this video came on for a band that I can't remember the name of, but they were heavy (it was the 'indie' show). What is memorable is that their video was one of those that put captions up throughout the whole thing explaining some injustice, like that Rage Against The Machine video about Leonard Peltier.

This one told the story of these women who went missing and how all the murders were still unsolved (and mostly uninvestigated).

[END]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home